Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Red Engine Diner Experience

Over a month ago my cousin showed me a picture of a red burger on her mobile phone and she excitedly told me about this place in Ayala Makati where she found the diner and of course had a taste of what they offer.  Knowing her appreciation with good food is the same as mine I know that this is a place worth checking out. 

So, at last my long wait was over and we had a chance to visit the place so I can try it out for myself.


The Red Engine Diner is Located at The Column in Ayala, Makati City, a block away from RCBC Plaza. Just a small space with al fresco and the dine-in space would only accommodate about 32 people, if my calculations are correct.

As you can see, a Diner experience with the red and white chairs. This is like looking at my "Cafe World" game. haha



They offer a wide variety of food choices like pasta, fried chicken, salads, appetizers, rice meals, sandwiches, ribs & steaks, and the Red burger I was so craving for.

Price ranges from as low as Php119.00 to as high as Php1,199.00







They have desserts like cheesecakes, brownie ala mode and choco lava. When it comes to drinks they have frozen beverages like coffee based drinks, fruit shakes and milk shakes. Also the usual sodas and iced tea and Beer.


For first timers my cousin recommended that I try the Bacon Mushroom Melt burger and so I did. The burger itself cost Php259.00 and for an additional Php50.00 you get fries and Iced Tea, Php75.00 if you want Potato wedges and Iced Tea. They unfortunately ran out of fries so we got the wedges instead as an add on. 

 And so, This is what my order looks like...(Looks small in this angle but it's big enough for 2 people to eat)

Golden fried potato wedges on the side with sour cream dip (awesome dip) Of course, the red colored burger buns topped with black sesame seeds, crispy bacon, mushrooms and onions and oozing melted cheese..



You may now be wondering so what so special about it? Aside from the red colored burger buns which was not airy not like the ones we get from famous fast food chains. The total burger experience was filling, I'm no food critic but I really appreciate good food, and this one here is one hell of a good one. Creative too.

The burger itself even without adding condiments such as ketchup, mayo or mustard is really really good. Just the right flavor not salty, it doesn't feel oily, the meat was cooked right with all the juices oozing in your taste buds with every bite. 

Though I'm the type who experiments with food so I added Ketchup, mustard and a dash of ground pepper. Good too. :) Though I hope I ordered for beer instead of Iced Tea.

They provide you utensils like knife and fork but for me the best way to eat this red awesomeness is the old way, just grab it and savor every bite.

There's just a lot to choose from and I am definitely going back to try other stuff on the menu.

Hope you guys enjoy your visit to this place too.

Thank you for reading..


Update: I don't think they still have this at the Column, last time I checked google this diner is now in Sky Ranch, Aguinaldo Highway, Tagaytay City, Philippines.




No comments:

Post a Comment